Monday, March 18, 2013

Dress how you want to feel

So this blog is supposed to be about my, so to speak, "passion for fashion." To understand my fashion philosophies, however, is to understand me: I dress how I feel, or more likely, I dress how I want to feel.

Never having been a supporter of the college student's excuse for a wardrobe--sweatpants and a messy bun--I denounce the lazy look not because I have an extra three hours in the morning to primp or because I care more about how I look than I do about my classes or because I have piles of money to spend on a sweatpant-less wardrobe. (And let's get real, I couldn't even pull off the messy bun if I wanted to because of the super fierce short haircut I maintain that requires either a disciplined routine of everyday styling or a hat, which is perfectly acceptable if my bangs are long enough so that covering up my fiery do doesn't make me look like a cancer patient.)

I don't recommend the messy bun and sweatpants look (yoga pants if you're feeling fancy!) matter-of-factly because doing so sets a standard of laziness for the rest of that day, week, or decade...if you're really in a rut. Now I'm not saying I sleep in heels, garden in my little black cocktail dress or dress to whatever other absurd assumptions trail the well dressed minority, but I usually dress to set a standard for how well my day is going to go.

There's some food for thought for your day.




No comments:

Post a Comment